Monday, December 7, 2015

Pearl Harbor Remembered

"A day that will live in infamy" were among the very profound words that Franklin Delano Roosevelt uttered in the immediate aftermath of the Japanese attack at Pearl Harbor, 74 years ago today.

Much has been written and said about this seminal event in, not only American history, but also world history. I have tried several times to share my thoughts, and they usually, as could be expected, fall well short of  the mark I feel they should hit.

It isn't about me. It isn't about trying to have the deepest thoughts or collecting the most hits or likes.

What makes this moment in history so important, at least to me, is the people.

The lives lost.
The lives saved.
The lives changed.
The lives that ceased, at that moment, to ever have a chance at being the same as they would have been had the event not happened.

Here is what makes Pearl Harbor Day remembrances have meaning...















No comments:

Post a Comment